The Healthy Land Use Model is a landscape model for corporate sites that develops healthy, innovative, and sustainable landscapes. CNGF is building community support for this model.
- Incorporate the Sustainable Sites Initiative http://www.sustainablesites.
org/, a landscape rating system that the U.S. Green Building Council anticipates will be incorporated into the next iteration of LEED.
- Connect with the Sustainable Landscape Alliance (SLA), a team of sustainable design, construction, and maintenance companies comprised of Middlebrook Gardens, Cagwin and Dorward, and Earthcare Landscaping. The SLA can design, construct, and maintain your site.
- Provide on-site and local community service opportunities.
- Improve ratings such as carbon-footprint, water consumption, and social sustainability.
- Support healthy kids through a school garden partnership.
- Promote a healthy work environment for your employees.
- Promote a healthy, ecologically-functioning environment for the future.