Yields 2 cups.
1 cup Dry Sea Palm (about 3/4 ounce)
2 cups cool water
1/4 cup raw pine nuts
1 medium onion, julienned
1 teaspoon Sunflower oil
1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Soak sea palm in water until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and retain soaking water from sea palm.
- Rinse sea palm in fresh water and drain.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until transparent, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add pine nuts and sauté until aromatic.
- Add sea palm and sauté 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of the retained soaking water and the soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover. Lower heat and simmer 15 to 20 minute until tender. Remove cover and cook away any remaining liquid.
Chef’s note: You can use other seaweeds.